Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dirty Fried Quinoa

Admittedly, this recipe isn't quite as healthy as most of my others... but it is really good!


Dirty Fried Quinoa

·        1 teaspoon peanut oil
·        ½  pound Polish or spicy sausage sliced to bite sized pieces
·        ¼ cup chopped red onion
·        ¼ cup chopped green onion
·        ¼ teaspoon Cajun spice
·        ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
·        2 cups cooked quinoa*


Heat oil in skillet on medium heat.  Add sausage and cook until lightly browned.  Add red onion and cook until they are slightly translucent.  Add remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly.

* I like to keep precooked quinoa in my fridge.  I use my rice maker with a ratio of 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water, and 1 teaspoon peanut oil.

For nutritional information copy and paste the following in your address bar:
http://www.myrecipemagic.com/recipe/recipedetail/dirty-fried-quinoa


No comments:

Post a Comment