Monday, August 11, 2014

Fresh from the Garden Pesto

One of my absolute favorite things is walking out to my garden to go "shopping" for dinner.  For this particular recipe I'm actually harvesting sweet basil from a terracotta pot on my back patio.  If you don't have fresh basil, baby spinach is a great substitute.  I prefer to eat my pesto cold with crackers, but it is also excellent heated and served with pasta or quinoa.



Fresh from the Garden Pesto

·        
½ cup fresh basil or baby spinach
·         ½ teaspoon minced garlic
·         ¼ cup almonds
·         ¼ cup peanut oil
·         ¼ cup feta cheese (crumbled)



Combine all of the ingredients except the feta in a small food processor, process until ingredients are the consistency of a thick milkshake. Add feta and process until cheese is mixed in.

For nutritional information copy and paste the following into your address bar:
http://www.myrecipemagic.com/recipe/recipedetail/fresh-from-the-garden-pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment