Monday, August 4, 2014

Spinach, Avocado, and Quinoa Salad with Thai Dressing


I'm completely in love with Quinoa.  It has so much to offer nutritionally, and the flavor is mild, slightly nutty, which allows me to use it as a backdrop for all kinds of other flavors.  I buy quinoa at Costco in bulk, it's much less expensive that way.  As you will see in my recipe photos I use both red and white varieties, usually based on the other colors in my recipe.  I admit it, I love when people say "It's so pretty!" 



Spinach, Quinoa, and Avocado Salad, with Thai Dressing

·         Baby Spinach

·         2 cups chilled cooked quinoa*
·         ½ cup chopped cucumber
·         ¼ cup chopped red onion
·         ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
·         1 avocado chopped or sliced as desired

·         2 tablespoons peanut oil
·         ¼ cup fruit juice ( I prefer raspberry juice)
·         ½ tablespoon lime juice
·         ¼ cup sweet chili sauce


Place a bed of baby spinach on salad plates (1-2 cups per plate, as desired).  Combine the quinoa, cucumber, red onion and bell pepper in a bowl, tossing them until mixed.  You can either include avocado as bite sized pieces in the quinoa mixture, or garnish the salad with slices.  Place the quinoa mixture on the spinach.  Mix the dressing ingredients, and drizzle it over the prepared salad.  Enjoy!

* I prepare Quinoa in my rice maker and keep it in my refrigerator to use for several days.  For all types of quinoa I use a ratio of 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water and 1 teaspoon of peanut oil..

For nutritional information please visit my recipe copy and paste the following into your address bar: http://www.myrecipemagic.com/recipe/recipedetail/spinach-avocado-and-quinoa-salad-with-thai-dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment